Devin Garza MD, an Austin ObGyn is certified in da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Arts, University of Texas, Austin – 1985
- Medical School Attended: UT Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas – 1989
- Internship: Franklin Square Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland
- Residency: Franklin Square Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland; Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland – 1989-1993
- Board Certified: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Memberships and Societies
- Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Society of Laparoscopists and Endoscopists
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Southern Medical Association
|Dr. Garza is a member of the AAGL,|
American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
I am interested in all aspects of female health care with special interest and extensive experience in Advanced Minimally Invasive Laparoscopy, with special emphasis on daVinci® Robotic surgery, having completed/instructed on over 800 cases since 2006. I am privileged and honored to have the designation of being one of only twenty-five Epicenter Surgeons, and teach courses for surgeons at the Advanced and Masters level. Surgeons from all over the US visit and observe weekly during cases to learn best practices in safety and surgical technique.
I also speak nationally on robotic surgery best practices and proctor and instruct surgeons locally and nationally. daVinci® Robotic Surgery has been a major breakthrough in the minimally invasive treatment of fibroids, pelvic prolapse, reversal of tubal sterilization, pelvic pain, infertility, endometriosis. The benefit to patients is a shorter recovery time, less pain and lower surgical and post-operative risks of complications. Visit www.drgarzadavinci.com for more information.
I established my private practice, here in Austin, in 1993 – Travis Ob/Gyn Associates at Seton Northwest, and I’m very happy to have joined the Renaissance Women’s Group in 2008.
I was born in Corpus Christi, Texas. My wife, Catherine and I married in 1988. We have four children; Devin, Logan, Meagan and Graceyn. We are partners at the Austin Stone Community Church. I am a Christian recording artist, singer/songwriter.